Media Center Classes: With field trips and our teacher work day, I will try to make up as many classes as possible. At a minimum, I want to make sure all students get a chance to check out books since they were not able to do so last week.
Read a Thon and the search for Whiskers: Whiskers will be "running" around our school leaving purple paw prints. If a student in your class is the first to notice the paw prints, your class will have our stuffed Whiskers visit for the day.
Book Parade: Our annual Book Parade is schedule for Friday, November 10th at 8:30. Students and staff are invited to dress up as their favorite character from a book. A reminder in your morning message would be great. Please stress to your students that the focus is on the book, and not the costume. Families will also be receiving information on this.
Carmen Deedy: Our author visit is scheduled for next Tuesday, November 14th. You can use this link for details. I am working with Lissete and Yadira to organize a Cuban-themed potluck for the staff.
