Kindergarten - Kindergarten students learned that Crankenstein did not like Valentine's Day until he found a friend - another student that also did not like Valentine's Day. Students also signed our "I Love Books" signs in the library.
First Grade - First grade students learned that Crankenstein did not like Valentine's Day until he found a friend - another student that also did not like Valentine's Day. Students signed our "I Love Books" signs in the library. They also practiced finding books with their new "just right book" AR cards. The cards have their reading level numbers printed individually to give them another strategy for finding books they can read independently.
Second Grade - "We Love Books." Students used a Microsoft Word document to type their favorite books, authors, characters, or series. They could format the text by choosing fonts, sizes, and styles. The documents were printed and cut into a heart shape. They signed their work and added it to our display in the front hallway. The display can be seen below.
Third Grade - "We Love Books." Students used Microsoft Word's "publishing layout" to add a text box and then type their favorite books, authors, characters, or series. They could format the text by choosing fonts, sizes, and styles. The documents were printed and cut into a heart shape. They signed their work and added it to our display in the front hallway. The display can be seen below.
Kindergarteners sign our "I Love Books" display.
"I Love ....". Second and third graders typed their favorite books, authors, characters, or series.

Comments