Week #2 - Rain Reign - Week of January 11, 2016




This book was about:  An 11 year old girl named Rose who is on the autism spectrum.  It is a story of her life with her father, uncle and an adopted dog named Rain.

My favorite character:  Rose's uncle, Weldon, who was always patient with her.  He didn't get frustrated by her obsession with homonyms and difficulties in school.  He clearly loved her as if she were his own daughter.

I liked this book because:  I love realistic fiction and I think it's a great way for kids to learn how to get along with people who are different from them, as well as develop compassion.  It was also a great story for dog/animal lovers.  This book would make a great family read aloud.

Other books by this author:  She is the author of the Babysitter's Club series, as well as a number of other books including, "A Dog's Life: An Autobiography of a Stray" and "The Doll People."

AR Level:  4.3


Reviews:

Biography:

Comments