National Geographic Kids

Author/Illustrator: N/A

Publisher/Place of Publication/Date: National Geographic Society

Price: $15. for 10 issues

ISBN: N/A

Dewey: N/A

Reading Level: Interest level - six through fourteen

Brief Description of Content: A simplified version of the adult magazine, this publication provides articles on the environment, places of interest around the world, as well as games and craft ideas.

Personal Review: I like it because it provides information on a variety of subjects and places around the world that have nothing to do with state standards. What a great way to broaden the horizons of our students! Earlier reviews indicate the magazine has too many ads. I would check this out at the bookstore before I ordered a subscription for my school.

Review Sources:
Education World

Standards: This magazine could offer support to the science standards, as well as provide opportunities for writing assignments related to language arts. In addition, it provides an alternative to reading in book format.

Selection rationale:
This is a great opportunity to introduce students to the world of National Geographic. The photographs and engaging articles provide entertainment and learning opportunities. This magazine also appeals to both boys and girls. I would consider the amount of advertising before ordering a subscription.

Comments