Highlights


Author/Illustrator: N/A

Publisher/Place of Publication/Date: Highlights for Children; Columbus, Ohio

Price: $34.44 per year

ISBN: N/A

Dewey: N/A

Reading Level: Interest level is ages six through 12. They have another magazine entitled, "High Five" for ages two through six.

Brief Description of Content: A combination of stories, poems, jokes, pictures, and games. This includes pieces submitted by children.

Personal Review: I always loved this magazine as a child. I love that it has no advertising. I also love that it is interesting to children without introducing popular culture.

Review Sources:
Highlights has the largest paid circulation of any children's general-interest monthly periodical and has been published for 60 years.
Some reviews on Amazon.com can be found here.

Standards:
This magazine addresses language arts standards for reading.

Selection rationale:

It is written and produced by teachers and educators, has no advertising, and provides interesting stories and articles for children.

Comments

Unknown said…
This is like visiting an old friend, isn't it? For decades Highlights has been doing it right, gently educating children with its calm, reassuring messages. In the world of texting, tweeting,and Tiger the silence is priceless.