Week of August 13, 2018

In the Media Center this week, kindergarten and first graders used laptop computers and Kidpix, a drawing program to practice for their MAP test.  Practice included using the trackpad, opening and closing the KidPix program or app, and changing colors.  I has become more important for us to do this type of practice as so many of our students are used to using touch screens.  Second and third grade students checked out books for the first time.  Most students checked out two books but others preferred to start with one.  Please help remind your child about being responsible for library books by remembering the following:
1. Leave library books in his or her backpack at after-care, at a friend's house, on the bus, etc.
2. Make sure water bottles are tightly sealed.
 3. Do not lend a library book to a friend but instead, let the friend check out the book themselves so that it is under their name.

I have just updated the media center FAQ tab which has other information about our media center.  I cannot figure out why the text keeps changing to the wrong size so I apologize for that.


Comments