In the Media Center - Week of August 7th

All students will be checking books out this week.  We will start with one book although first grade through 3rd grade will be able to check out two for most of the year.  Kindergarten classes will check out books but will leave them in their classrooms.  They will start taking home books after the first of the year. Teachers should communicate to students how the books will be kept in the classroom.  For first through third grade, students may take books home immediately, if they choose.  They will receive a "healthy book bookmark" to take with them when they leave the library.  This is primarily for families so that they can help reinforce responsibility with their student's library books at home. In addition to the student's name and library day, the bookmark includes the following information for parents:

Things to know about my library book

·      I am allowed to bring my books home but I can also choose to leave them at school.
·      You can ask me about my library books and read them with me.
·      Please help me find a place to keep them in the house so I can remember to return them.
·      If I keep my library books in my backpack, I need to remember to make sure my water bottle lid is tightly closed.
·      Although I can only check out two books at a time, grown-ups can check out up to five books at a time.

-->
·      If you have any questions about our library, please stop in and see Ms. Zeff or email at izeff@csdecatur.net.
  
We will start open check-out next week for second and third grade after all students have been able to check out together as a class.

Comments