Eleanor, Quiet No More : the Life of Eleanor Roosevelt

Author/Illustrator: Doreen Rappaport ;Gary Kelley

Publisher/Place of Publication/Date:
Disney/Hyperion Books; New York; 2009

Price: $14.44

ISBN-13: 978-0-7868-5141-6
ISBN-10: 0-7868-5141-4


Dewey: 973.917

Reading Level: 4.1


Brief Description of Content: A chronicle of the life of Eleanor Roosevelt featuring quotations, a descriptive story about how she grew to be who she was,

Personal Review/Selection rationale:
I am continuing my search for new, reviewed, non-fiction titles that would be appealing for kindergarten through third grade students. I am looking for standards-based titles, as well as non-standards-based. I am using Titlewave as the program will let me know if the title is already in our collection. From the reviews, this book looks fabulous and I have requested it from the public library. I am going to add it to my current list of books to purchase for this school year. If the teachers like it, I will suggest it for a classroom title.

Review Sources:

Wilson's Children 07/01/09

School Library Journal starred 02/01/09

Booklist starred 11/01/08

Publishers Weekly starred 02/16/09

Horn Book 03/01/09

Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books 02/01/09

Kirkus Review 01/01/09

Library Media Connection 05/01/09


Standards:
SS3H2 The student will discuss the lives of Americans who expanded people’s rights and freedoms in a democracy.

Comments